Wedding Reception Trends
Follow these trends for a reception that is sure to have your guests in awe. From dining to décor, you can’t go wrong with these trends!
The Main Attraction: The Cake
- Initials: For a classy look, opt for script initials as the cake topper. For a bolder look ,use a manual script font.
- Bride & Groom: Top the cake with miniature versions of the bride and groom. Many companies are starting to specialize in the making of these cake toppers, customizing eye and hair color!
- Confection Bar: Generate a buffet style bar, filled with your favorite treats. Display in decorative containers, with serving spoons. Get creative with the glassware and utensils!
- Food Stations: Having different food stations will give guests more choices, versus the traditional plated meal. This will also generate interaction and leave room for creativity. Try serving a small salad or shrimp in a martini glass!
- Organic: The latest food trend must certainly follow over to your reception. Use certified providers to ensure freshness.
- Nostalgia: Unveil memories of your past within your wedding reception.
- Decorative Chairs: Wrap with fabric, ribbon, lace, and flower swags. Chairs are a great place to incorporate ceremony colors.
- Stay Green: Organic décor is perfect for an outdoor wedding. Flowers and fabrics will compliment the nature setting.
- High Low Centerpieces: Decorate tables with centerpieces of all sizes. Adding dimension will create a fun, and less uptight feel.
- Mixed: Have the photographer engage in both black and white and color photos. Take it a step further and ask for sepia, and other custom options.
- Candid: Not all photos need to be posed. Request candid shots to ensure you get the full feel of the wedding captured!
- Take the photojournalistic approach, and you will not be let down.
- From Friday till Sunday the party will not stop. The biggest trend in weddings is making them last all weekend!
Written by Anjelica Lapi