Tips For Getting Great Nails Before Your Event
The one accessory that never goes away is also one that gets overlooked from time to time. That accessory is: your nails! EasyEventPlanning.com can help you get your nails in tip top shape for your next event with these simple tips.
- Lotion- Carry around a miniature bottle of lotion and put it in your purse or car so that you can liberally apply lotion to your hands to keep them moisturized.
- Regular Manicures- Help to strengthen your nails by getting regular manicures for a few months prior to the event. By getting a manicure every two weeks, your nails will strengthen, and you’ll have plenty of time to test out different colors and nail art to find what you like best.
- Have Touch Up Polish- Your nails may chip after getting your manicure, so make sure you buy a bottle of touch up polish to fix any chipped paint. If you want to avoid noticeable chipping, choose lighter color tones.
- Nail Strengthener- For additional help strengthening your nails, apply strengthener to your nails before color, on top of the color and under the tips of your nails.
- Artificial Nail Types- Do your research and ask your technician about the pros and cons of acrylic nails versus gel tips.
- When To Get Nails Painted- Once you’ve finished all of the heavy lifting and tedious work for your event, then you should set your nail appointment. Get your nails done right before getting your hair done so that you aren’t tempted to use your hands while your nails are still drying.
- Use Quality Nail Polish- To avoid chipping, use quality nail polish that you would find in a nail salon. These brands will likely last longer.
- French with Nail Art- For a classic look that looks fantastic with any outfit, get a French manicure. You can spice up this traditional look with nail art, diamond accents and even miniature pearls.
- Don’t Forget Your Toes- Don’t neglect your toes! Get them to match your nails or go with a classic French manicure.
- Pick The Color Based on the Event- If you’re choosing for a traditional wedding/event, a French manicure may be the best option because it is classic and matches with anything. If you’re going to a young girl’s dress up birthday party, you may want to choose a hot pink.
Check out more great tips for your event on EasyEventPlanning.com.
Written by: Brittany Schmidt