Key Questions for Potential Party Entertainers
Are you throwing a birthday party and not sure where to start for booking entertainment? EasyEventPlanning.com can help you get the ball rolling with questions you should ask yourself before hiring an entertainer and questions to ask an entertainer about their experience. Whether you’re interviewing a jokester or a professional acrobat, you’ll want to know the answer to these common questions.
Questions To Ask Before Hiring an Entertainer for Your Party/Wedding/Event:
- What role will the entertainer play in the success of my event?
- How visible do I want my entertainer to be?
- Do I want the entertainer to interact directly with my guests?
- How many hours do you want the entertainer to entertain?
- What do I want to spend?
- What have I liked about entertainers I’ve seen at other events?
- What haven’t I liked?
- What kind of entertainment do I think would work well with my guests (based on age, demographics)?
- What type of entertainment would be best to fit with the theme of my event?
- Do I need him/her to be an MC, as well?
- What kind of attire will I require?
- Does the venue have restrictions that need to be considered?
Questions to Ask The Entertainer with Regard to Experience/Referrals:
- Have you performed at this location before?
- Do you have a website?
- What age group do you typically perform for?
- How long have you been in business?
- Is this your full time job?
- What did you do before this?
- Can I talk to your last 3 clients? (If so, ask: Were you happy with the quality of the entertainer? And the sound quality? Did they meet your expectations? Would you hire them again? Was the entertainer on time? Did he/she present him/herself well?)
- How many entertainers do you have on staff? What are their specialties?
- Are your entertainers employees or independent contractors?
- How many company picnics (or bar mitzvahs, etc) have you entertained for?
- Can you/have you performed outdoors?
- Have you performed this specific act before?
- If it’s specifically for a kid’s birthday party, are you patient and kind with children?
Continue to Part 2 of Questions for Potential Party Entertainers
Discover more great tips for your event on EasyEventPlanning.com.
Written by: Brittany Schmidt