Hairstyling for Your Wedding Party: What to Ask
When selecting a hairstylist for your wedding day, it’s important to find a professional with sufficient experience and the ability to make the wedding hairstyles of your dreams a reality for you and your wedding party. See below for crucial questions you should ask any prospective hairstylist for the day of your wedding:
1. Do you have experience with a wedding party of this size? Find a stylist who has previous experience with a wedding party that is the same size or larger than yours.
2. Are you able to work at my venue? If the salon is far away from your wedding venue, consider having your stylists work at the venue instead to save time. It’s important to ask your hair professional if they have any additional fees or limits on the distance they will travel if you choose to do this.
3. Do you offer different types of hair products? What kinds? Find out if your spa or salon gives clients a choice of different brands of products or just sticks to one type. Inquire about possible different types of hair products that they provide in case members of your wedding party or you have any allergies or preferences.
4. Do I need to pay a deposit to book my date? Confirm in advance that you will need to put down a deposit to reserve your hairstyling for the day of your wedding. If not, the salon is able to book other appointments in your place.
5. What do you charge for the wedding day and trial-run? Find out all required fees before finalizing a contract.
6. Do you offer any discounts for wedding parties? Ask the facility if wedding parties receive any extra perks or discounts, such as free manicures or beverages.
7. May I see some photos of your clients from past weddings? Ask your stylist if you can see pictures past wedding party clients that your stylist has had. These can help you see the type of work your stylist does. If you discover a style you love from a bridal or other catalogue, ask if your stylist can repeat the look on you.
Check out more articles about your wedding day on EasyEventPlanning.com. We make planning a wedding easy!
Written by Katherine Frabotta