Gift Basket Ideas to Welcome Your Guests
Welcome baskets don’t need to be generic items thrown together in a basket. In fact, welcome baskets are becoming more and more personalized to the individual that’s receiving it. EasyEventPlanning.com has come up with a list of ways to make a welcome basket more personal.
- Representative of You- For a wedding, fill a basket with items that hold great meaning to the couple. If your first date was at a baseball game, include peanuts and Cracker Jacks in the basket with a little tag explaining what date that was and who you saw playing. If you’ve grown up along the shore, you may want to include some salt-water taffy to represent your roots.
- Personalized Gifts – If you don’t want to supply a generic gift for all guests, personalize something for each individual. This gives you rooms to appeal to what their specific interests are.
- Record a Video- Ditch the traditional basket idea if you think your guests won’t use any of the items in it and instead, record a funny video welcoming your guests. Burn the disc and leave it in each room or at the check-in desk at the hotel. Make sure the room has a DVD player though!
- Photos- Incorporate pictures of friends, family and long distant relatives for your guests to see how people have aged before meeting with them again.
- Thank You Note – For all gifts, include a handwritten, personal note thanking each of your guests for taking time from their busy lives to come to your event. Express your great appreciation for them supporting you by being present at your big day.
- Souvenirs – If your event is taking place in a tourist destination and your guests will want to buy some trinkets to take home with them, supply them with some of the basics ahead of time to save them some money. Include postcards, t-shirts, key chains and more.
- T-shirt you want worn at your event- If you are hosting a corporate event or even a family reunion and have a specific attire you want your guests to come dressed in, that shirt can serve as their welcome gift. Treating them to the shirt ensures that everyone has the proper attire and can double as their takeaway from the event.
Check out more great tips for your event on EasyEventPlanning.com. For Binghampton NY gift baskets and flowers click here
Written by: Brittany Schmidt