Fun-Loving Games for Engagement Parties
If you’re a fun-loving couple that is looking to infuse energy into your engagement party, look no further! Here, you’ll find fun game ideas that’ll get your guests laughing and racing to the finish line.
1) Sing a Tune – Brush the dust off of your old karaoke set or see if one of your friends has one you can borrow. Create playlists of only love songs and ballads to see your friends and family sing on behalf of such a loving moment in your life. For real fun, have two of your uncles pair up for a funny rendition of some of the most popular duets.
2) That’ll Cost You – Ask each guest to bring a small, inexpensive present to your party wrapped. Set a dollar limit for them to spend and tell them to buy something funny that goes with the wedding or engagement theme. For every guest that brings a present, give them fake money that they can use to bid for other wrapped gifts. For great fun and laughs, make everyone open their gifts while at the party so that everyone can enjoy watching your five-year-old cousin open a wedding survival kit!
3) Pin the Doughnut on the Carrot? – For some naughty fun, give the bride-to-be a doughnut and ask her to hold it in her hand. Blindfold her while you set the groom up with a carrot and have him sit in a chair. The groom-to-be should direct his bride towards him and get her to try to place her doughnut on his carrot.
4) Together As One – Put an engagement party twist on the classic three legged race by challenging the newly engaged couple to go against some of the older married couples. Tied their legs together with a wedding garter instead of rope and see if they have what it takes to work together.
5) Taste of What’s to Come – Treat your bride and groom to a little taste of what’s to come in the coming months full of stressful decision making and practice for a ceremony in front of all of their friends and family. Challenge the couple to complete tasks that they’ll become very familiar with in the next few months, such as the wedding gown, tux or wedding cake. See who can dress in a wedding gown or tux the fastest. For real fun, ask the bride to get dressed in the tux and ask the groom to wear the gown. For something a little more messy, see who can cut a cake the fastest.
For more game ideas or tips on planning a wedding, be sure to stop by EasyEventPlanning.com!
Written by Brittany Schmidt