Dinner Party Essentials
Once you have purchased all of your dinner ingredients, make sure you have all of the items on this list. You cannot have a dinner, let alone a party, without them.
- Plates – Whether you’re going plastic or porcelain, plates are a vital aspect of dinner parties. Make sure you have more than enough, just in case.
- Napkins – Your guests will want to have easy access to napkins. Stock up and then place piles of them around your house.
- Serving Utensils – Without serving utensils, it will be difficult to serve your guests. This includes ladles, if you are serving soup or gravy and sharp knives, if you are serving meat.
- Silverware – Even if your menu consists mostly of finger foods, your guests will appreciate having access to silverware.
- Serving Platters – You will need a way of displaying or moving your food. Make sure you have enough large platters to fit all of your food.
- Cups – Cups are another essential item for your dinner party. Make sure you have plenty so that you don’t run out.
- Salt and Pepper – No matter what you are serving, make sure you have plenty of salt and pepper on the table for your guests to use as needed.
- Condiments – Your meal might not taste right without the proper condiments. Stock up on whatever condiments your meal might require. Common condiments include ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise.
- Sugar – If you are planning on serving coffee or tea, sugar and a few sugar substitutes, are essential.
- Hot Beverages – Your guests may want a nice cup of coffee or tea after dinner. Be prepared with plenty of tea bags and a batch of fresh coffee.
- Cream – Cream is another must, if your dinner party includes hot beverages. Give your guests plenty of options, including flavored and nondairy.
Find more excellent dinner party articles on EasyEventPlanning.com.
Written by Jessica Bundy