Questions to Ask About a Venue’s Pricing
Let’s face it, many people worry about the cost of their event and are afraid of signing a contract and then being nickel and dimed for items they thought were included. EasyEventPlanning.com knows that it can be difficult to understand contract jargon and is intimidating if you are booking your first event. We’ve compiled a list of questions broken into general and discount questions you should ask each venue. Asking these questions will ensure that you go into the contract signing knowing all of the costs.
- What items are included in your rental fee?
- Are linens included?
- Do you have sample menus that you use for events or do you customize them for each event?
- Are there any other set up fees I need to be aware of?
- Is the room rental free with catering?
- Is there a minimum guest count?
- What taxes and gratuities are added on?
- Is there a break for children’s meals?
- What are the overtime fees?
- Do you charge for cake cutting?
- Do you charge for a champagne toast?
- What’s the difference in cost between rail bar service and premium?
- Is there a corking fee?
- What’s the cost of bringing off-premise catering in?
- What is your payment policy?
- What is your cancellation policy?
Event Venue Discount Questions
- Is there a break for vendor meals (entertainers, photographer, etc)?
- Do you offer discounts for Sunday or Friday events/receptions? How about other days during the week?
- When is the off-season and what are prices then compared to the height of the season?
- Are there any discounts for booking early? If so, when would we need to book?
- Are there discounts for repeat business? (If you are planning a couple events in the near future, why not try to get some money off?)
- Are there any discounts for referring future business to you?
Written by: Brittany Schmidt