Budget Friendly Tips for Booking Hotel Rooms for the Honeymoon
Couples would rather spend their money doing fun and exciting things during their honeymoon than pay high rates for a hotel room. Here are some simple yet cost effective ideas to help get the best deal on hotel rooms for a honeymoon.
1. Don’t be Afraid to Tell them You’re a Newlywed – Tell the reservationist that you are searching for a hotel to stay at during your honeymoon. Sometimes the hotel will do something special for you or provide a lower rate. Though there isn’t a standard “honeymoon discount” it doesn’t hurt to mention it! Sometimes honeymooners have received free room upgrades.
2. Think about using a Bed-And-Breakfast – A bed-and-breakfast can provide a small, cozy and intimate setting for a honeymoon couple. There can be more amenities available at a bed-and-breakfast including complimentary breakfast. The rates are usually lower especially during the week since bed-and-breakfasts will be looking to book these rooms.
3. Lose the View for a Better Price – The view and room size are two things that influence the room price. By opting to get a room without a view, you will help lower the cost. Though you won’t have the best view, you will have a little extra money to spend while traveling.
4. Call the Hotel’s Front Desk – Calling a hotel’s front desk ensures that you will receive the best deal for a room. Sometimes with hotel chains the reservationists from their 800 number may not know the latest deals. The front desk is the best place to get the “insider information” about which are the best rooms and what transportation costs will be from the airport to the hotel.
5. Use Honeymoon Online Auctions – Couples are now using online auctions to bid on their dream honeymoon. Though these auctions are not a 100% guarantee, there is a possibility to earn your dream honeymoon.
6. Use Online Resources – Online booking websites can be a great way to search for the best deal when it comes to hotel reservations. Other perks such as frequent flyer miles can also be used to lower hotel prices. If you are searching for a hotel based on price and don’t have a specific hotel in mind, these types of websites can be extremely helpful. Easy hotel searches are available providing hotels based on the specific date and city you request.
These money saving secrets can help to ensure you get the most “bang for your honeymoon buck” when booking hotel rooms for your honeymoon. For more information about other honeymooning tips please visit EasyEventPlanning.com.
Written by Chelsea Ward