Graduation Party Favors That Will Save You Money
A graduation party is just as much a big deal for parents as it is for grads but they might not be able to go overboard with spending. Even though the day is about honoring the high school graduate, it’s still important to thank your guests with some token of appreciation for coming. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant. Here are a few ideas for someone on a small budget.
1. Photo Calendars- Here’s a useful gift that guests will adore! Take pictures from your graduates High School graduation and make several copies. Add a message like “You did it!” and clue it to a miniature calendar. You can add a small magnet strip to the back of the calendar so they can put it on the refrigerator.
2. Music CD- Make a mix CD of fun, upbeat music that can be played during the party. Maybe include songs that the grad likes. You can add a picture to the CD cover of the grad and make personalized messages for each one.
3. Goodie Bags- They’re fun, easy to do and are enjoyed by all. Get a variety of chocolate candy bars, fruity hard candy, and gum to put into small party favor bags. Write individual, handwritten thank you notes for each bag and leave them at each table.
4. Homemade Food- If you are making food for the graduation party, you might as well make a little extra and give it out as a party favor. Get some large freezer bags and load them up with the extra food you made. People love getting food instead of a cheap gift that they have no use for.
5. Photo Coasters- You can buy these in bulk at most stores or online. Print some pictures off of the grad from the graduation ceremony or from other events and put it in each coaster. Place one at each table for the guests to use.
Written by Alicia Bel